Guidelines for Temporary Dumpster Rental
When renting a temporary dumpster, it’s important to follow certain guidelines to ensure a smooth and efficient waste disposal process.
- Select an appropriately sized dumpster based on the type of project, amount of waste you expect to generate, and available space for the dumpster placement.
- Choose a suitable location for the dumpster — ideally a flat and stable surface such as a driveway or designated construction area. We will place boards under the rollers if requested to minimize any damage to the driveway. Dumpsters should not be placed anywhere with underground systems, such as irrigation or septic systems. We will not be held responsible for damage caused to driveways, lawns, or any other area of your property.
- Ensure there is enough clearance for delivery and pickup. If the container is blocked by a car, snow, or building materials, or if it is overloaded above the fill line, we will be unable to remove it. You will be charged a trip fee of $100 if we cannot remove a container and have to return.
- As you load waste into the dumpster, distribute the weight evenly and avoid overfilling beyond the container’s capacity. Ensure that the waste is contained within the walls of the dumpster and does not pose a safety hazard or obstruct the dumpster’s cover or doors.
- Each dumpster has a tonnage limit. If you exceed the limit, an additional charge of $65 per ton will be applied. Avoid placing heavy items in the container such as dirt, concrete, sand, or gravel.
- Consult the list of banned items prior to loading the dumpster. Dispose of these items through appropriate channels or contact us for alternative disposal options.
- You can use the cubic yard container for up to 10 days. If you need it longer, there will be an additional charge of $20 per day after the 10th day.
- If you fill the dumpster and you need another dumpster brought back, just call us and we can swap it out. There will be a charge for each additional dumpster. You will get another 10 days to use the dumpster after every dump.